Individual Report-Dion
*Edit* To my teammates, I'm really appreciative that everyone putted up with me with my nonsence. This group had really allow me to know more about myself and how this fundamentally flawed character of mine will not get me anywhere in life but i'm really grateful and thankful for this whole experience.
What I Did
-CA1
-Visited the dentist with Evan for the "visiting of companies".
-Visited the store "Ah Gong Pork Stall" which the boss eventually accepted but after considerations, the
team chose to do the hardware store "Chang Yong Seng Hardware & Tools Pte Ltd".
-Shared my opinion on the actual decision of the dentist store which eventually lead to the decision of
choosing the hardware store.
-I did the research on the history, goals and aims of the company.
-CA2
- Found various overseas Facebook pages to start with.
-Gave my input on the Lowe's and another Facebook page which we ended up doing Lowe's.
-Assisted Santhosh in the completion of the powerpoint slides on the overseas Facebook page.
-Did the layout for the webpage(included a google map, Facebook and Twitter widget) and written a
story of the rise of "Chang Yong Seng Hardware Pte Ltd". However, the layout was eventually rejected
by the group and Evan redesigned the website and used the same texts.
-Assisted Xiao Chen in the cropping of images for the products.
-Posted motivational videos on the Facebook page.
What I Didn't Do Well
-Overall
-Lack of communication skills.
-Felt that I'm too close minded.
-Conflicts between members.
-Gave too much opinion which sometimes might be a waste of time.
-Wasn't much of a good teammate due to pride(maybe).
-Insensitive
-Wasn't on the right pace most of the time.
What I think that I did well
-Overall
-Allocated my time efficiently, allowing lesser workload and more productivity.
-Tried to help my teammates as much as possible.
-Put the group before my individual projects and study time.
-Gave opinions to continue the discussion.
-Tried to write interesting blog posts by implementing stories.
What I think I could improve on/ learn and apply them in life after doing this project
-Try to be be a better teammate.
-Try to be more considerate for others.
-Shouldn't do things at my own pace, be it too fast or too slow.
-
Really thankful towards you for tagging along the visit to Orchard Dental Surgery. Not only did you make me feel less shy and afraid, but you also helped to communicate with the dentists over there and persuade them! If not for your communication skills (which are far better than mine), I doubt the conversations with them would have been so engaging.
ReplyDeleteThinking back, it was then that I realised that you are a really nice and good friend worth treasuring. Thanks a lot for being such a good friend! ^^
Thank you too, just want to let you know that you are a great friend to me too.
DeleteSo many of your "What I didn't know well" is not true at all! In your mind, you may think so, but I for one, think otherwise.
ReplyDeleteYou lack in communication skills? NOT TRUE!! FALSE!! INVALID!!
I really find that you are a great person to converse with. You are friendly and open minded. I enjoyed listening to what you have to say. You enlightened me with your point of views that are refreshing to me.
LOOK! LOOK AT THE TOP OF THIS BLOG, SEE THE PICTURE? TELL ME, WHO WAS THE ONE WHO WANTED THE TEAM TO DO THAT POSE?
YOU!
You've initiated trips to my father's company. You've always proudly announced "I'll do it!" when Evan Tay asked if any of us want a certain task. You've done a lot.
You've done well for our group, your help was essential for our group to come this far. Sure, no one is perfect, but your contributions far outweighs your flaws.
Just remember, don't be so disapproving of yourself, be happy with who you are. ;)
Thanks for the encouragement. Guess I was feeling a little too insecure and let it affected me. I'm really glad that we are able to get along and I want to say that you're not just a team member of mine but also a great friend of mine. Really have to thank both you, Evan and the rest of the team for appreciating the work I've done, it really motivated me. And thanks, I'll carry this comment with me whenever I'm feeling down. Really appreciate how much effort and consideration you took to wrote this.
Delete