Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Company's Facebook Page Profile Picture

A few days ago, Xiao Chen decided to do a 'Profile Picture' design for our Facebook Page so as to make it more visually appealing. The result being:         





I felt that the design was quite nice. However, there were a few problems that I felt were significant enough to request for an editing.

In my opinion (and that of others; I asked Santhosh and Wee Ping), the font for the title was hard to read. Furthermore, the title was wrong. Instead of "Chang yong seng Hardware Company", it should have been "Chong Yeng Seng Hardware & Tools Enterprise" and appropriately capitalized. To top it off, the image was of rectangular dimensions instead of squarish dimension, which resulted in the "Thumbnail" cropping out parts of the wrench and hammer. This made it less appealing.

As such, I gave feedback to Xiao Chen and asked if he could make changes. Unfortunately, he could no longer find the .PSD (Photoshop) file. As a result, I decided to re-do a new design that was based on his. I did not ask him as he was already very tired.




Ta-daa~ After spending about 45 minutes in Photoshop, I finally managed to replicate his design and improve upon it. I had encountered a problem with cropping the images as wrenches are shiny, which make it harder for me to crop out the white space. After testing out with various wrenches, I finally found the current one which was luckily suitable.

I decided to re-use the Chang Yong Seng logo which I had already made by myself before hand for the Website so as to provide a sense of unity. I also decided to give the wrench, hammer and title a glow effect so as to make them more visually appealing. Also, the glow effect would probably carry across the message that the store's products are new, clean and of good quality.

P.S. Thanks to Wee Ping for giving feedback!

Written by,
Evan Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment