Individual Report-Santhosh
What I Did
-CA1
- Visited stores in hougang with Xiao Chen (Herbal store, Thousand Deli Bakery Drink store etc.)
- Got rejected may times, but it was worth it as we gained valuable information
- Give my opinion that the hardware store was a better choice than the dentist.
-I did research on the marketing methods of the company for CA1 presentation.
-CA2
- Did all the slides for practical 3 (Overseas company) with Dion's help.
- Gave my input on the Lowe's (Overseas company) which dion found.
- Did the flyer for CYS hardware store.
- Created poster for online advertisements
- Did online advertisement of Facebook page on english forums.
- Created twitter page.
What I Didn't Do Well
-Overall
- Did not maintain the twitter page well.
- Communication was sometimes a problem as team members liked to speak in Mandarin. (I should have told them to speak English.)
- Could have posted more blog entries.
What I think that I did well
-Overall
-Managed my time well, especially for the practicals, which we were given little time to do.
-I communicated well with team members (when they spoke English)
- Gave encouragement to group members who were feeling stressed, and they did the same for me.
- Worked well with my teammates.(No arguments, etc.)
What I think I could improve on/ learn and apply them in life after doing this project
-Presentation skills that I learnt from SMM can be applied to my poly life.
-Time management skills picked up from SMM can be applied in my daily life.
-Learned to be a better team mate.
In conclusion, I feel that this project was very meaningful as it allowed me to explore the wonders of Social Media Marketing (SMM), which I did not know about before. I learned so much about the way that companies use SMM to attract customers. I was oblivious to stuff like marketing principles and stuff like that before.
Other than that, I also learnt valuable life skills like presentation skills and time management skills, that will be very useful for poly life and for my working life. I would do it all again if i had the chance, because this module was really very engaging and informative!
First and foremost, I would like to thank you and Xiao Chen. If not for you two, there would be no weird but unique jokes to bond the group together.
ReplyDeleteYour teamwork and communication skills are exceptional(not exaggerating) something which I really respect and want to improve on. Thanks for everything.