Thursday, 26 July 2012

27/7/12 - Creation Of Slides


Last night, I stayed up to 12+ to wait for my team mates to complete their part and check through. I was planning to do the creation of the slides last night but was too exhausted. Instead, I woke up at 6 today, clocking under 6 hours of sleep. Being already exhausted, I had trouble dragging myself out of the bed. However, I endured and managed to do so.

I started working intensively on the creation of the slides and after 2 hours + of hard work, was rewarded with a rather elegant slideshow.

Learning from my previous experiences and from the remarks of the teachers, I reduced the amount of words just like the last presentation we did last week which was pretty successful. We had all done a lot better then. I realised that while the last presentation was quite good in regards to content as they were kept in point form and elaborated by the speakers, I felt that more interesting images could be added.

As such, this time round I added a lot of images to the slideshow, complementing Wee Ping's images in his part of the slides. I felt that while some of the more interesting images are irrelevant, it is still vital that I add them so that the audience would not be bored and continue to stay engaged, waiting eagerly for the next slide   in anticipation of another interesting image.

I had split the content section up amongst the team and was duly surprised by the amount of effort put in by the entire team despite having to submit our DBMS (Database Management System) projects today which includes exhaustive work.

However, one problem I encountered was that Xiao Chen's and Santhosh's word documents were too long and I had a hard time summarising them up. I am already very exhausted and hence it took longer than usual. While Dion also did in a word document, he had summarised them in point forms which made my job easier.

Wee Ping was the only one that submitted in slides and really made my job a breeze.

Overall, I am very delighted by my team's effort as they all put in a lot of effort. Even though I had a very hard time summarising Xiao Chen's and Santhosh's word documents, I am very happy that they put in so much effort to produce so much content for me to pick out the important points from.

No comments:

Post a Comment