On the first week of July, I group myself with Evan Tay to research about the use of Social Media Marketing for Hardware/DIY store in Singapore. Because Evan is already busy being the leader of the group and helping out other team mates, I suggested that I do the research and powerpoint slides myself; he agree.
Clearly, "Singapore hardware store" and "Facebook" don't mix well. Finding a local hardware store's Facebook's page was as scarce as er.. water in Sahara? Google search came up with no findings. Eventually, I have to resort to searching for the names of Singapore Hardware/DIY stores and search the company' name in Facebook; even so, it's still rare as ever to find one.
However, I still managed to find a Facebook page by a DIY store going by the name of "Zener DIY Store", but still, it was disappointing; There was only a few followers and the latest update was in Dec 2011. I tried to search for other Facebook pages which are hopefully better but it was to no avail. I eventually have to resort to using the Facebook page by Zener DIY.
So there, I research about this company use of social media marketing and present it on a powerpoint. It turns out that although the company's Facebook page appears as a failure, their website was actually quite well done.
So it seems, "Hardware store" and "Facebook" don't complement each other very well.
Or is it? - When I saw the overseas Facebook group my other group mates were researching on.
No comments:
Post a Comment