XiaoChen Contribution&Reflection in SMM
Hello everyone ,this is report regarding my contribution in both CA1 and CA2.I know my English is quite weak so i write these in a format.
1.WHAT?
I went to Sing NIng restaurant asked for permission regarding whether they wanted to be our target company and we helped them to do the promotion .
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
I went to Sing Ning restaurant at 21th/4/2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
I went to this restaurant by myself only,because it's near my living area and it's quite popular around Braddell MRT Station
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I wanted to ask about their marketing and tried to get interested from them.I also decided to have a meal at there , so it will help me to get chance to talk about my idea and plan ,it's also will get more trust from the boss.(So-call i was the customer)
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
I went to Sing Ning restaurant about two times , there was a main problem during all the discussion between us .It was the boss was not in the restaurant and their attendants were not cooperated us and not interested also.Hence it directly given my plan a failure .Although, I try my best to explain my idea ,the attendant was not even wanted my contact number for her boss.Going through the discussion between us ,she felt little trust on me and always been suspicion on my purpose.Thus the idea is failed and I had to leave.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I had learned that trust was the first thing for doing business and everything will not be similar as you think ,although you think that you have prepared enough.I also learned that how to get people attentions and interest by using my persuasive talking and talk to different people must use different way ,especially in doing business .
IMPROVE?
I should directly talk to the person who is in-charging the business and do not waste time on wrong condition(means judge which one is more important then directly to let them know my purpose)I also should improve my communication skills and try to know what will get attention from my target audiences.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.WHAT?
Going to HouGang MRT Station and found random potenial stores asked for permission about whether they wanted to be our target company (We had asked about 3 Chinese herb-tea stores
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
I went to there at 27/4/2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
I was going to there and Santhos Raj would like to give me accompany
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
Actually ,we decided to introduce ourselves and after the first experience ,I know that we must get trust from the shop owner and be sincerely.We thought that we directly to tell them our purpose and asked the permission.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
Two of the stores had gotten their own marketing department .Although two of them were not doing business by using same name but they were under a same company.(Both of them were given us their business card then we suddenly realised )However ,another one herb-tea store was not belong to them but their boss was not around at that time and their attendant told me that she could not take this responsibility.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I had learned that doing business was not easy as I thought and could not be done depend on mass-selection , it must be done by using a completed plan and do it progressively.Although we had gotten the trust from the shops , we still need to distinguish the best and suitable one for us.
IMPROVE?
I will do a completed plan and consider the target company seriously whether they are suitable for us and whether they will be the best choice for me and will they get any benefits .I will also try to choose the best one for myself.(Is it valuable or not)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.WHAT?
Going to Chang Yong Seng Hardware for asking question about their business situation.
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
It seem like June.
WHO? (With who or alone?)
All the group members were going to there together.
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
We prepared one question to ask them and tried to realized more details about the company.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
There were no problem when I was asking about the message what I wanted to get .The CYS give us a full cooperation.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I learned that teamwork is very important for this project. Communication was also very important.
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3.WHAT?
Going to Chang Yong Seng Hardware for asking question about their business situation.
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
It seem like June.
WHO? (With who or alone?)
All the group members were going to there together.
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
We prepared one question to ask them and tried to realized more details about the company.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
There were no problem when I was asking about the message what I wanted to get .The CYS give us a full cooperation.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I learned that teamwork is very important for this project. Communication was also very important.
-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.WHAT?
Filling up the questions I had asked from CYS
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
It's in mid June
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me only
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I had gotten all the message and details from CYS and wrote a report to describe it .
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
The only problem is my english!!
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
Help me to improve my English and I had known that how to write a report and do it systermaticly
IMPROVE
I will try to improve my English and keep it being better
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- - -
5.WHAT?
Creating flyers for CYS ‘s promotion
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
July 1st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me only
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I search the flyer page on google and learned how to make a flyer.
Most of them I learned , it's all regarding Hardware stores.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
Using photoshop and some skills I didn't know .Then i learn them from websites by myself.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I have learned how to create a flyer and improved my photoshop skills too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.WHAT?
Putting the promotion information on SG-Chinese forum.
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
July 2st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me only
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I have done the research about which Chinese forum is the most famous one and which one could get more people's attention.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
I must register a account for publish the Chinese advertisement.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
Tying to use different medium to get people's attention and that will invite more likes for us .Then it's will also easy for us to promote our products.
IMPROVE
Put in more forum and make the advertisement more colorful and attractive.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.WHAT?
Invite likes (100+)
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
Start from July 5st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me only
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I put our Facebook page link to every friend's Facebook wall.I also asked my friends to help me to tell their friends to get attention on CYS Hardware Store.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
Lack of people give me a responding and not all of my friends would like help me to like it.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
People's attention/likes is not only from friendship , our promote must get people's interest and favor.
IMPROVE
Invite the people not only from my friends , I should go outside to invite more people from outside.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8.WHAT?
Keep updating the advertisements on FB(language by using Chinese)
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
Start from July 5st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me only
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I put the advertisement by Chinese version.It's because the most of people who are liked our page , they are Chinese and the main language for them is Chinese.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
Even though,it's the Chinese advertisement and it's also hard for me to write the advertisement.I must write the thing people will like .
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I learned how to write advertisement and I know what will get people to read my advertisement .
IMPROVE
I will improve on writing it more professional and try to use the language more colorful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9.WHAT?
Create profile picture
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
July 7st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me (final edit by Evan)
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I had checked some of hardware's facebook page.After this i had idea about how to create it and used the photoshop to do it.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
Do the profile picture be creative and will cause the page be more professional.I also must do it suitable for CYS Hardware.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I had learned how to create profile image or logo image for target company.
IMPROVE
I will improve it more professional and make it more useful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.WHAT?
Uploading funny videos in FB for getting ppls attention.
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
Start from July 5st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
I had done the research on what is most popular and interesting videos in the world and most of them must be acceptable by all the people.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
Everybody have a different thinking on the fun and popular things.So it's quite hard to get all the people to like it and all of our likes to pay attention on it.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I had known what is the most popular things for people and I had learned how to use unrelated thing to help our promoting to be better.
IMPROVE
Try to post our own videos in our page , so the people will not lose the feeling of freshness in our post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.WHAT?
Taking pictures of products & editing these picture for uploading into our Facebook page
WHEN? (When did you do said task?)
May be July 1st 2012
WHO? (With who or alone?)
Me , Dion
HOW? (How did you go about doing it, how did you perpare before hand?)
We decided to take the pictures for our products and upload it into our FaceBooks Page,it will be easy for our likes to check what we have/promote products then when they need it and they will buy it directly.
PROBLEMS? (What problems did you encounter and how did you TRIUMPH OVER THEM)
There was a lot of products in a hardware store, it's very hard to take every single one of them.But we did our best to do it .There was also hard for us to edit every single picture.
EXPERIENCE? (What did you LEARN from your EXPERIENCE?)
I have learned the things is seem easy but it's hard to be process.
IMPROVE
Try to take the picture more nicely and more professional .
Thanks for the effort you put in when you are doing your part. Could still remember the amount of work you put in throughout the course of the project and how you were always implementing interesting ideas to increase the amounts of like in the Facebook page. Those efforts really woke me up and let me know that I should start working more as it is a collective effort and it reminded me that I'm also a group member.
ReplyDeleteEven though there were many conflicts between us, I felt that you were a great team-mate. As much as some of the words might hurt, I really appreciate your comments as it really really makes me reflect on myself. Not only that, it also urged me to see the world in other's perspective instead of me, me and more me's.
Really appreciate what you done...
Really happy and "proud" (sounds funny) of you guys. Was really worried when you are started "arguing". Really tore me apart to see you two upset at each other.
ReplyDeleteHence, I was really happy when you both came back okay and happy. I cannot express how much relief and how happy I felt!
I agree with Evan Tay. Conflicts will destroy the spirit of our team.
ReplyDeleteXiao Chen, I am happy that you are in the same group as me. I appreciate that you are not afraid to share your point of view with us, which allows us to learn about what to apply for our tasks. You improve on our tasks, I remember you wanting to circle some parts of our 2nd presentation to highlight about where you want to make your point, I learnt from you and apply the highlighting on our latest task, Social Media Analytics Tool.
Overall, you are a good team mate. :D
Thanks for all your comments and you guys given me a lot of supports when i was doing works!I m very glad to be a team members with you all!!
ReplyDelete