Thursday, 26 July 2012

My Conclusion - Chng Wee Ping

  It felt just like yesterday when Evan Tay, Dion Chua, Santhosh, Xiao Chen and I decide to form a team for our SMM group project; We were speculating, fantasising and visioning about what kind of company we will be helping and how will we set about assisting them, especially prestigious and large companies. We had big dreams! Hahaha, those innocent fantasies.


  However, there were a lot of drawbacks if we were to help large and prestigious companies - They could already have established themselves on the internet; leaving us nothing much to improve on their social media marketing. We still managed to chance upon a respectable profession, a dentistry, who is willing to let us do social media marketing for them, but after some debate (which I could not remember clearly) among our group, we decided to cancel out the dentist clinic from our list. Up till now, I have moments where I wished we should have gone with the dentist clinic. That does not mean I regret choosing my father's company, in fact, I am very satisfied with what my group has done for my father's company.


  There were hardships and setbacks along the way. Communication between each of us was rather poor during the start of the project. Not everyone have the same opinion and there were a lot of disagreements.


  Despite that, I want to quote a sentence.

  "You shoot me down, but I won't fall... I AM TITANIUM!" - David Guetta - Titanium ft. Sia (Song)



  We persevere, put down our differences and work together as a tight group to complete the project's requirements.


  The best part? Everyone gave one another compliments after a difficult task, it seems that the differences were gone. 


  Our group become more bonded and determined on our SMM's project, we improve and become better, as evident in our latest powerpoint presentation.


  Okay... now, I want to say about what I have done for this project.


CA1
-I gave recommendation of companies that we can approach to our group members - Bakery, Eatery, Hobbies-Collection shop.
-I approached my father to seek his approval to use his company as a backup. 
-I had doubts about helping about a hardware store, but gave in when other options/companies are not viable.
-I came out with the idea of placing a "like us on Facebook" sign in the company.
-I design the first sketch of our sign, but it was later improved by Evan Tay.
-Went as a group to Chang Yong Seng to analyse the company's marketing strategies.
-I did research about the company's marketing strategies - The market share, competitors, marketing management orientation and societal marketing.
-Assist Evan Tay in making our first Power Point slides.


CA2
- Went to hardware store occasionally to take pictures and do more research, sometimes with or without the company of group mates.
- I team up with Evan to analyse local hardware companies' use of Social Media Marketing. I soloed the whole research on a local hardware store - Zener D.I.Y, and compiled the information into power point slides. Evan did assist me by suggesting what kind of information we should gather.
- I too, soloed the whole power point slides for the presentation. I learnt from my mistake in CA1 for using too much text and not enough images, and create a visually better power point slides. I made sure there are not so much text and enough images to catch the attention of visual-learners; two birds with one stone.


Overall
- Remind team members about the tasks when the leader is stressed out or busy.
- I take initiative by starting the tasks first, example, this blog; Team mates then learn and improve on it.

4 comments:

  1. *Off point here* Really love the intro especially when you wrote "We had big dreams! Hahaha, those innocent fantasies."

    Back to the main point. Even though you were always downplaying your achievements, I felt that you did a great job in the tasks assigned to you during the SMM project. I felt that you are a really humble person which is something that I should learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this sentence a lot: "We persevere, put down our differences and work together as a tight group to complete the project's requirements." as it is my exact sentiments.

    I agree with you that our communication was rather poor at the starting. It really stressed me out and I really felt like giving it up all.

    However, after our team managed to talk out all our unhappiness and misunderstandings, we became closer than we could ever be if we were not in the same team.

    It's trials like these which tests friendships to the maximum that strengthens our friendships beyond a certain ceiling.

    It made all the hardwork, all the late nights, all the stress worth it.

    I am really glad to have you all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you mention in your post.You had done a great jobs!It's u given us a chance of doing CYS promoting and given us a full cooperation .Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that doing our project on CYS hardware store was not easy, and the dentist might have been easier, but this gave us an opportunity to take a more challenging path, and I feel we did really well despite the obstacles.

    ReplyDelete