Thursday, 26 April 2012

Sing Ning Restaurant - Xiao Chen


On 21th/4/2012, 4:30PM,


I decided to go to Sing-Ning restaurant.

I went to this restaurant personally and told one of the attendants that I am a student from Singapore Polytechnic DMIT-School and I have a project work from this course module which requires me to find a company and help advertise for them. I told them that I hoped that they could help us with our project. I added on that it would be free of charge.

This lady said her boss was not there at that day and she looked at me doubtfully . I proceeded to elaborate that I would help them advertise by using Facebook and Twitter, which she did not know of.She said that the boss always came at night before they were closing .

I tried to give them my contact number but she rejected me .She said that this was none of her business. She did not want to bear any responsibilities for me and told me that I had to talk to her boss personally .However I actually already knew that this lady(attendant) is the auntie of her boss.This is a family restaurant.After that I still wanted to discuss with her and at least try to give her my phone number, but she ignored me.

(2nd part)
On 22th/4/2012 9:30PM

I went to this restaurant again on 22th/4/2012. I went there at 9:30 PM.They alway closed shop at 10.30PM.

Hence I hoped that I could meet the boss this time round.When I reached there ,the same attendant told me that the boss had just left. When I asked what time does the boss usually come, she said she was not sure .

Her attitude showed me that she was not very enthusiastic about helping us with our project. I realised that she did not reject me outrightly because I was their long-time customer. I finally gave up.



(This is SingNing restaurant,in this picture it can be seen that SingNing is quite popular and have a lot of customs. )

The reason why the outcome of discussion failed: (My own opinion)


1: They have a good business already .
2: The lack of trust between us.
3: I do not have a good skill of communication,thus they are not interested in it.
4: I am lack of experiences of doing this.
5: They have no idea about the high technology of computer such as :Facebook ,Tweeter and Blog.

Written by,
Xiao Chen Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment