Thursday, 26 April 2012

Ah Gong Pork Stall - Dion

I contacted the boss (Chua Hock Sin) in person on 21st of April 2012 at around 2pm, which is their usual closing time. To lighten up the atmosphere, I invited the boss to a nearby coffee shop to discuss business.

I introduced myself as a student of SP before telling him that our "Social Media Marketing" module group is interested in advertising the stall for free. Not wanting to get his hopes high, I told him that we will weigh different possibilities before deciding as each of us have to find a company.

I highlighted that the stall had no means of contact and that we could help him to create a website to have a more interactive experience as we are currently learning html and cs5.5 but it will be limited due to our lack of experience in creating a website. Mr Chua was enthusiastic with the website plan that I shared with him and agreed with no further questions asked.

I proceeded to tell him that we will use means of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter as a means to improve their reputation and to better relate with the customers. I told him that I would help him to create an email address too if he agrees and he accepted it.

Therefore, the company hunting was a success. I felt that I should have arranged an appointment with the boss as he seemed shocked with the sudden appearance of me and this might cause him to panic.

Talk lasted: Around 30 minutes

Written by:
Dion 

No comments:

Post a Comment