Friday, 27 April 2012

Chang Yong Seng- Chng Wee Ping

  I approached my father on the 24/4/2012, 7.00pm upon learning that my SMM group needed to represent a company for our group project. I spoke with him about my project during dinner.

  I persuaded my father to allow me to use his company for my social media marketing module. Initially, he was doubtful that such promotions would actually be successful, he stated that he had never heard of hardware promotion on the web. I persuaded my father that my group could be the first to break the ice and test whether such promotion would actually work out.

   "How can you actually help to promote my work place?", my father asked. I told my father that my group would primarilly use social media as a median to advertise the company.

   My father was still reluctant because he felt that his shop was already busy enough with the influx of new and old customers, and he insisted that he would not like to have extra workload. I told my father that promoting his shop would only bring about benefits, and that there was no harm tyring. I told my father that I wanted to help expand his shop. After much persuasion from me, my father's worries slowly dissipated.

   Seeing that there were no harm intented, my father finally relented and gave me the green light to use his company.

  The talk last about 15 minutes.

  I initially wanted to consider representing a tuition centre called Mastery Tuition Centre, but after much deliberation, I considered my father's company to be more suitable for advertising in the social media market. I have never interfered with my father's company, so it was quite an refreshing experience to talk maturely with my father.

Written by,
Wee Ping

1 comment:

  1. You wrote alot, but after reading the whole thing, I have zero idea what your father's business is about...

    ReplyDelete